macca993:

Its great for us all to bemoan the passing of the manual because its "got more feel" but I wonder how many of us here would by a manual 991 GT3 if the base car with PDK was quicker in all measurable performance parameters? I believe its worthy to sacrifice speed and performance for "feel" or I wouldnt have kept the 993 for 13 years including over that time having owned 996.1 GT3 - so I am already "drinking from that cup", but just how many new car buyers wanting the greatest and quickest track oriented product Porsche make would put 130k Euro on the table if their neighbours 991S with ceramic brakes and PDK was quicker?

On tight tracks ( lots of small corners ) I have been faster then the 996 GT3 with my 997.2 Carrera S PDK . I must say, it  looked a bit ridiculous that a simple Carrera S was beating a track oriented 911 GT3 . ( as drivers we were the same , as I know the guy from different track events ) he was so surprised that I was faster then him, and looked disappointed with his car.  Not by a lot , but my advantage was PDK and PSM combined .

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm