Leawood911:

Correct me if I'm wrong but on the track (911 RSR cup cars) they use a sequencial manual which requires a clutch for downshifts (which when you want it for perfect balance setup going into a corner) and no clutch for upshifts once rolling for the quickest hardest shifts up through the grears.  PDK does not even come close to that type of box but one could argue all day long that it is the quickest shifting on the track...  the PDK is an idiot proof wana be sequencial manual in the same way the DFI engine is a wana be race engine ala Mezger - sadly with the best part missing - the clutch.

It would be nice if the 991 GTS RS had a seq. manual like the Cup car... that would shut me up.

Love it - well said Leawood911 - I have wondered why there has not been a movement to sequential manual in road cars.  Those who have experience in these cars know the set up is not diffcult to use (some race car gearing makes it difficult).  I cannot imagine it would be more difficult around town.  It is faster and lighter.  I would imagine it is harsher (I drove the Aventador and it shifts like a sequential and it can whack you in the back of the head on hard shifts).