nberry:

Carlos, the secret to success is adaptation. Through the years, my wants and desires change and I accommodate them. 

I have been defending the PDK/F1 for years. Not because I want the manual advocates to change but to rebut their criticisms of sequential transmissions.

So how is it a criticism that I prefer manual myself because it gives me a fuller more involving experience? Smiley  I'm not saying that YOU can't enjoy the PDK, just that there is not one choice for everyone, and I and many others are a testament that no matter how fast the PDK or how efficient or how confortable it will not change that fact.

This weekend I have an all day outing with another two dozen more 911's on some great mountain roads, and everytime I come home after a day like that I appreciate having a manual.

Finally, regarding the 911's in general, it can be argued that but for the Cayenne and Panamera Porsche might have been out of business. The 911 model range is old and stale and sales reflect that. They would not have supported Porsche as a car company. So is that failure? Some would say yes and other would say no.yes

Thats not what you sadi about the 997, each generation has been more succesful than the previous, nor what you said about 911 buyers in general who were being taken by Porsche for suckers and were buying a glorified VW Beetle... shall we go to the archive? Smiley

--