Gnil:
Carlos from Spain:

Personally I don't have a clear answer yet, I don't know if I would be happy enough with a PDK to compensate what I would miss form a manual, and I know I would miss it since as much as I know how to drive a PDK and extract its full potential, the PDK and manual are not substiututes of each other. So maybe my next 911 will have PDK, I don't know yet, but I will only know if I made the right choice or if I will regret it after many many miles of driving the PDK and especially not driving a manual anymore. Its not a matter of enjoying the PDK is a matter more of how much I will miss the manual after a while    

After 78000 km with PDK I still have this dilemma  Smiley

SmileySmiley  I know that the same is going to happen to me SmileySmiley

So is a PDK with clucth and stick for "dual" manual & PDK operation  to much to ask for then? Smiley SmileySmiley

My conclusion , today, is ( but I does change with time ) that for the track I want PDK ( as I want to be fast )  and ' compete' with others. Without PDK I would have already an handicap that is too big, ( I like to pass the F cars Smiley )  and , with my Carrera S PDK I do have fun on a track like the N'Ring . The only place when I do not have fun with PDK on a track, is when the track is ' easy' and there is no car to overtake . Then I miss manual.

But , on a DD, I would now want manual . Driving around town, on speed limited roads, congested highways is boring . So adding PDK , ends up being even more boring .  A manual will give a little bit of something to do during these sorts of drives, making DD driving a bit more fun .

That is exactly what I think will happpen to me and we pretty much share car preferences, so I have taken your opinions on the matter very seriously as you have already "been there done that"! Smiley

--