I'm with nberry on this one.

I tried a 996 Turbo with Tiptronic because my legs were too long to heel-and-toe in the confined surroundings of the 996 foot well.  I was ambivalent about it because the Tip was just not very refined and gave no advantage for me over a 6-speed at the track.

After driving my Panamera Turbo with PDK, I became very enamored of PDK's possibilities for fast driving.  When I read about the new developments for the 991-GT3-specific variant of PDK, I can say that I am actually excited to try such a combination.  My GT3 RS 4.0 is a sublime track beast that I can't fully enjoy because heel-and-toe shifting is still off the table because of the footwell constriction.  My Carrera GT has enough leg room to barely, though not exquisitely, perform blip-throttle down shifting, so it is the Porsche that lets me perform like I used to be able in my old 911RS-IROC.  However, the GT3 RS 4.0 has more corner-exit traction than the Carrera GT and performs better under my command. 

When the 991 GT3 RS appears, I hope it has PDK.  That would be a dream come true for me.  I could finally have a great corner-exit car that I could drive to my own limits instead of the limits of the constricted foot box.

--

Mike

Carrera GT + Tesla Roadster 1.5 & Model S + Panamera Turbo +  BMW Z8 + BMW 3.0 CSi + Bentley Arnage T + GT3 RS 4.0