Mithras:

It then boils down to if you want a GT3 for engaging, spirited driving or for track use. I would track one mercilessly if I had it so I’m fine with the PDK, I want the extra speed. If I was buying it purely for backroad spirited driving though, I could see why someone would prefer the involvement of a manual.  

--
Past-President, Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region

That sums it up perfectly . On a track , specially one like the N'Ring, you get a sweat even with a PDK , as the challenge to be fast and have a correct line is already a lot . On a normal track, if you are in ' competition' with others , you end up in a sweat too with PDK .

For me , changing gear manually is very nice, but not really a challenge . Being faster and having a perfect line is the real challenge .

I will always miss a manual, and I like it on back roads and even on DD driving ( my next DD will be manual ), but on the track I want to be fast .

People who have not tried PDK on the track while challenging others or time can not comment on the ' involvement ' . When you go fast and you just kick those gears up or down , it does give real pleasure also , as you feel the ' speed' .

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm