easy_rider911:

Without debating whether PAG is actually right or not, I read this article as an attempt by the writer to decide whether PAG has answered the purists' concerns in the new car with the conclusion that the writer is not persuaded by the new 991 GT3 solely in relation to the decision not to offer a manual transmission but instead only a PDK version.

Do we define a purist as one who demands manual as the only way he/she can have fun driving? If so, he/she is not a purist but someone who either has not driven a sequential or does not know how to.

I recognize some are from the old school and like to masturbate using the clutch and gear shift. Fine but don't tell the new technology it isn't fun until you have tried and mastered it. I have driven/owned Porsche's and Ferrari's that were manual and later PDK/F!. To me there is more involvement in extracting optimal performance from the car when you can DRIVE IT and shift at appropriate  times. Only professionals come close to doing that with manuals.kiss

--