CPA4S:

. the buyer does not care - they "have" a turbo, more than they drive a turbo and that imo that  sums up the sweet spot of that product line.

I agree, many buyers may not care but I do and I know a couple of other buyers who care.

I remember that back in 2000, after I got my first 911 Turbo, the car was in very high demand all over the world. At some point, the GT2 was offered and many former 911 Turbo buyers got one because they weren't too happy with the lack of sportiness of the 911 Turbo. I heavily modified my car (adjustable chassis, sway bars, engine, exhaust, oil cooler for gearbox, single mass flywheel, sport clutch, etc.) because it was too tame for me but I wanted the AWD and the rear seats too, so the GT2 was no alternative for me. Eventually many GT2 switchers sold their car because it could not replace the 911 Turbo (AWD, rear seat room, daily driver capabilities) or because it was a challenge to drive for them but I never understood why Porsche doesn't offer something for everyone.

Building a 911 Turbo with GT3 "genes" shouldn't be a problem but all Porsche offers is an Aerokit. Seriously?!

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2012), Mini Cooper S Countryman All4