The Panamera competes against S-Class, BMW 7 and Audi A8.... luxury Sedan. All said! I know the perfection of my 7 - the car handles great, you drive 260 km/h and it feels like 150 in the 997. Dynamic drive system is controlling the body roll - so you can go with 200km/h into Autobahn exits and you will leave the same corner with 140 km/h.... not feeling unsafe any second!

BUT - this is exactly the feeling I got on a test-weekend in the 991. The car is way too perfect.... you have to go very fast to feel the limit and at the end the added speed makes it so much more dangerous compared to the 997, especially as you don't feel neither the speed nor the limit. Also - there are not many occasions you can drive that crazy - I absolutely prefered the fun in the 997 over a 991 - as stupid as it sounds! Its just more fun.

By the way - The SUVs are carrying the "Sport" in the name! The proportions of a SUV is like a huge cart. The relation between wide and lenght are apprx. comparable - makes the car handy, sticky, fun to drive!

I guess best for fun is a 997 GT3... get one of those babies and keep it until you are old!