Budster:

The car looks great Spyderidol, but I'm still struggling with 3 things about WEC:

Firstly the quote from BERGMEISTER: We’re definitely going to have a learning curve with development of the new car. But it’s always the question of Balance of Performance of where you end up in the end.It seems to make the whole thing rather pointless..?

Secondly, there are only 5 or 6 cars in each class.  Whilst I loved the coverage of Le Mans (it was the first time I'd emmersed myself in it this year on TV, watching a good 10 hours of the 24 hour coverage), are there enough cars in each category to really make it a "race"?  The ALMS seems to be better in this regard...

Thirdly - I find the coverage woeful - I could do a better job of the FIA WEC FB page (I hate twitter) and their website is appalling.  There don't appear to be any good sites.  I checked out the blogsite you suggested and that's useful, but it's  just that - a blog/chat site.

BTW - it was great hooking up with you in Cape Town last month - look forward to meeting up soon somewhere on the southern end of Africa!

Hi Budster - Our trip to Cape Town was fantastic.We had a fantastic evening with you and your wife. Thank you once again. We will no doubt see you again sooner rather than later.

! -  Bergmeister has a point. The ACO has been rather liberal with the BOP for certain entries, and less so with others. Porsche cant really complain too much , as they went from being the reference car, to also being "assisted" by BoP. (of course not as much as some of the other cars). Hopefully, this year the ACO will not mess around too much with BoP and allow the cars to "naturally evolve". Some BoP is always needed, as there there are cars that are vastly different  (engine sizes, mid-engine, rear engine, front engines) and the ACO must guarantee some parity in order to make the racing palatable. It's the extent of the meddling that is a point of contention among fans.

2. - Le Mans will have 56 cars (as usual) Every year the ACO 'invites" the 56 entries to compete in the race. In addition, there are about 6 "reserves"waiting in the wings in case any of the invitees withdraw. In the case of the GTe - Pro class we will have 10 Works entries competing against each other.: 2 Porsches, 2 Ferraris, 2 Aston Martins, 2 Corvettes and 2 Vipers. It's going to be fantastic!

The small car count for GTE - Pro is for the WEC, but it is going to be very tightly fought. the other classes have more entries. I think that as the WEC grows, the GTE -Pro class will do so as well. It is important to remember however, that many of the tracks cant hold many more than the 35 or so entries. Personally, I think there are too many P2 cars in detriment to the GTE- Pro and LMP1 class. Next year this will be different due to Porsche's arrival in the LMP1 class.

3 - I'll keep you updated on news of coverage. I will be following via Live timing and listening to coverage on Radio Le Mans. (they will cover the entire WEC season).

All the best my friend..