RC:
911rox:

Yes, apparently Porsche are so considerate of customers that they now devise solutions for problems that don't exist, apparently.. Smiley

To all those in the belief that there was no CL issue, you stand corrected.

To all those who say that a GT3 is not intended for track use, you stand corrected as Porsche wouldn't be modifying the system for "improved suitability for track use" if the car was not so intended...

FYI, a maintenance schedule has not been posted for the revised system so we don't know how confident Porsche are that its fixed untill we see it. It the new system requires hubs timed out every 7000km, they are far from fixed! Smiley

I never said the CL issue didn't exist. I just said that in order to avoid the cost for maintenance, you just need to stop track racing. Otherwise, you still have the possibility to sell your car and get the new one. Smiley Joking aside, I really don't understand why we discuss this in the 991 GT3 forum. Smiley

RC, the discussion on CL is now done... Its purpose? To ensure the next 5000 GT3 owners knew the existing issues so they went to their dealers with eyes wide open and asked all the correct questions if they plan to use their cars as intended without incurring prohibitive costs. It has everything to do with the new car because Porsche haven't resolved this safety issue for 1st generation owners yet continued down this path rather than concede it wasn't a good idea.

For the record, back several pages ago, you are on record as saying there was no CL issue, Porsche had fixed it... You even now continue to suggest that the most track focussed car not be tracked to avoid these costs as your solution rather than concede Porsche's wrong doing... At least others considering the car now know better and will no longer be walking into the dealership with the wool pulled down over their eyes... To each their own...Smiley