artur777:
RC:
artur777:

Kreso F1.

pls comment what does mean "next 991 turbo s will be mind-blowing"

give me pls some hints. Because I have a tough choice - to buy new GT3 or wait for new Turbo S...

your hints may help a lot - thanks

Don't even go there. You can't compare both.

The new 991 Turbo (let alone the S) will be an acceleration monster with amazing traction. So if you are looking to win red light races, this is it, there shouldn't be anything better on the market when it will come out. Same goes to Autobahn performance, the 0-200 kph time should be around 10 seconds (for the regular Turbo).

If driving "as if you sit in a race car" is more of your style, then the GT3 is the right model. It is also the perfect track fun car because of the sportier chassis setup and lower weight. The GT3 has a more direct steering, the PDK is less comfortable but faster and the comfort is limited due to the harsher ride and of course the louder exhaust/engine note. People would say that the GT3 is more involving, it ticks your senses more than the Turbo but of course a skilled driver could be faster in the Turbo.

I really don't think you can compare both, two different toys.

Christian, thanks!

But 991 Turbo to become an acceleration monster should be faster than 10 secs for 0-200. 997.2 Turbo (S) in sone tests was about 10.5 secs for 0-200. Not that much improvement..  Or am I mistaken?

I was talking about the official specs.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2012), Mini Cooper S Countryman All4