GTlover:
RC:
GTlover:
I thought the new engine is completely new except a few bolts...? You list everything..I dislike..but you write - you dont understand us..? Why?

Two reasons I don't understand the complaints:

1. Nobody has actually tested the car yet

2. I doubt that Porsche would be dumb enough to put their reputation on the line for some easy cost saving

The GT3 has always been and will always be an emotional product. Most GT3 customers base their buying decision on emotions, less on brains. The GT3 is actually a pretty useless car if you don't track it. No rear seats, loud, uncomfortable (compared to 991 Carrera with PASM) and I bet that the PDK shifts won't be as comfortable too. 

Porsche is aware of this and Preuninger put his name and his good reputation on the line here, so i wouldn't worry. The only thing which worries me is that there could be initial issues (new PDK, new engine, new rear wheel steering, etc.) during the first 12 months but I have no doubt that the GT3 as a whole, will be a very satisfying product. I just wish Porsche would have added optional rear seats and a comfort delete option (no A/C, no PCM, no damping material, etc. etc. etc.) but otherwise, I am pretty satisfied with this car.

Does a racing heritage make you a better or faster driver? Nope. The GT3 will prove itself sooner or later and I understand the sentiments but I don't understand the whining.

Hmm,..

Your last sentence really gave me a bit of a shock..while you are correct from a factual point of view..racing heritage does not make me faster..but its the racing heritage what a GT3 is about ! If not, whats the difference between a Panamera GTs and GT3?

The racing heritage is used by Porsche Marketing by all means..you never read Christophorus etc..? 99,99% of Gt3 buyers will never be as fast as a factory driver..but thats not the point at all..they want to have a car with racing heritage..or at least a considerable share..youre buying a "myth"..an "icon"..so saying the racing heriatge is not an argument - for a GT3..is quite shocking to me.

Maybe (hopefully) I misunderstood you wehen you talk about "sentiments" and "whining"

A good beer is better anyway.Smiley

I kinda agree with RC in his last sentence. The progress moves on, and there is nothing to do with that. The new GT3 is a great car after all, no doubt, and it will prove itself 100%. Yes, I will miss manual box, Metzger engine (maybe not) etc. , but in case someone likes to drive a racing heritage he should look for a Singer.

"I understand the sentiments but I don't understand the whining."  +1

--