RC:
911rox:
RC:

2. I doubt that Porsche would be dumb enough to put their reputation on the line for some easy cost saving.

Ummmm, they already have with us 997.2 owners. The gave us CLs preaching the motorsport theme, AP told us how they were lighter and would be faster to change and now that they have been proven wrong and wheels are flying all over youtube, their solution to protect their bottom line is that they'll pass the cost of replacement onto customers every 7000kms. Obviously the latest wheel fixing technology was not better then the former. And they obviously don't care enough about their reputation to right their wrong and keep their customers safe.

And you're sure this won't be the case with the new motor, pdk, rear steering or CLs for that matter? Really?

I would not be believing blindly in Porsche doing right by customers in this day and age wen VW whom own and control them have big loans to pay and money to make...Smiley

The CL issues have been (re)solved, not sure why you mention it again. Porsche STREET CARS are not for racing and it isn't Porsche faults that some people apparently use modded street cars for racing. There is a difference between track fun and racing. Actually racing is not permitted according to Porsche's warranty regulations.

In my opinion, Porsche keeps customers safe but of course we could discuss this all day long. My experience with them has been pretty good so far.

As to VW's ownership, you are wrong. I don't understand why so many people, especially outside Germany, view VW's involvement with Porsche with so much discomfort? Smiley VW is actually a quality brand over here, I know their reputation in other parts of the world isn't that great but people are wrong. 

have you heard of Porsche Sports Cup? This is a racing series - oficially done by Porsche - and this is not people "modding street cars"..in fact the contrary is true. Porsches must remain original in order to participate. All GT3s there had already their CL replaced..

Quality of VW is good.no doubt about that..but they should have stayed out of Porsche..Fiat also owns Ferrari..but they leave them completely alone..