RC:

2. I doubt that Porsche would be dumb enough to put their reputation on the line for some easy cost saving.

Ummmm, they already have with us 997.2 owners. They gave us CLs preaching the motorsport theme, AP told us how they were lighter and would be faster to change and now that they have been proven wrong and wheels are flying all over youtube, their solution to protect their bottom line is that they'll pass the cost of replacement onto customers every 7000kms. Obviously the latest wheel fixing technology was not better then the former. And they obviously don't care enough about their reputation to right their wrong and keep their customers safe.

And you're sure this won't be the case with the new motor, pdk, rear steering or CLs for that matter? Really?

I would not be believing blindly in Porsche doing right by customers in this day and age wen VW whom own and control them have big loans to pay and money to make...Smiley

I will never buy another CL fitted Porsche again... I'd suggest any new owner of a 991GT3 has their dealer clearly define any CL maintenance schedule associated with track use... Be prepared for a shock with the pricing Smiley