RC:
Porker:

Controversial title, what do you guys think?

"Why 'GT3' is now a trim level, not a statement of intent"

http://www.pistonheads.com/doc.asp?c=133&i=27280

It had to happen. Smiley The new GT3 has unleashed a lot of controversial discussions. The PDK only strategy and the new engine, which is based on the Carrera S engine, kind of stirred up emotions. I also think that the fact that the new GT3 weights actually a little bit more than the Carrera S is also an issue here. Die hard GT3 addicts may not be happy with this car but to be honest, I don't quite understand why. Yes, Porsche hasn't raced the new GT3 yet and the technology may not be race-proof yet but overall, the new GT3 seems to be a very fine product and considering the price tag, I compared it to a fully optioned Carrera S, the new GT3 is quite the offer.

RC, the GT3 has always been quite the offer compared to the Carrera S... I drove both, back to back and was instantly attracted to the GT3 because it was more raw, stirred up more emotion and was solid enough to handle the riggers of track abuse. I was not interested in comfort, soft rides and quietness... I likened the C2S to a suped up version on the Nissan Sylvia I was already driving...

The fact that a once track focused car is now most appealing to those traditionally after the softer option is the problem in my view... Its becoming porky and soft by all indications... With the kind of market it now seems to be attracting, I doubt I'll come up against many at the track as they'll likely be boulevard cruising! I hope to be proven wrong Smiley