Quote:
easy_rider911 said:
A good friend of mine just did a driving day. He progressed up the following: Mazda RX8, Merc SLK350, Porsche 996TT, Ferrari F430, Lamborghini Murcielago.

His view? He loved the ease of driving the 996TT at the limit (or should I say, at HIS limit!). He was left pretty cold by the F430. He said it had great finesse but it didn't excite him. But, the car he fell head over heels for was the Murcielago. He said the power and performance were staggering. He said it looks like a big car so you expect it will handle like a big car. However, he said it felt light and so agile and responsive. Fantastic to drive.

At the end of the day, do we choose a car because of its prestige, snob value and racing pedigree (e.g. Ferrari) or the 'Oh my God, I nearly wet myself' seat of the pants excitement it generates every time you open the throttle?

If Lamborghini hold true to this philosophy of exciting all the senses and Audi can keep bankrolling them by selling more A2s and A3s to housewives all over the world, then we should consider ourselves very lucky that a car of supreme beauty and overwhelming performance like a Lamborghini exists in this otherwise tedious and mundane world.

Spot on! I did this experience and was a big Ferrari fan until I drove the 360 and Murcielago back to back - the 360 disappointed me but the Murcielago was mindblowing, so much so that I actually thought I was dreaming whilst driving it! The only car I found second to that was the 996 Turbo which is a great car though the Murcie really does seem as if its in another league...

Haven't driven a 430 yet, but don't knock Lambo until you've driven one!