RC:
neunelf:

A few weeks ago I was testing the new Range Rover with V8 Diesel engine and I echo Autocar; there is simply no other car that I would rather drive or be driven in over long distances. It's not a sports car, in fact it's the antithesis: roomy, luxurious, soft and cosy. It relaxes rather then excites but that is exciting in its own right. 

You are actually describing very well why I don't like my Panamera Turbo S as much as I like my Cayenne GTS.

I hate soft and cosy...I keep that for when I'm 80. Smiley When I drive a car, all my senses need to be ticked in a way or another and the Cayenne GTS does that much better than my Panamera Turbo S, which is a shame.

I understand why it is like that. The Panamera need by default to play in the S-Class and 7 league.... might be a bit sportier but in  fact the idea is a luxury sedan. Of course - the car is much more a glider than a spyder! This is also because of the long wheel base.

Those huge SUVs are much shorter and the proporations are very similar to a go cart - just bigger. Thats why they can achieve this sportier feeling.

btw .... gosh - I wished to have your energy - I'm 42 but I changed a lot - love the smooth ride of the 7 or the Range Rover.... taking out the Porsche only for the short trips through the black forest Smiley