Spyderidol:
GTlover:
hunterone:

shure, what else ?

yes..but maybe the real question is/was - will this engine also be used in the 991 RSR? Chris Harris said a few month ago..the old GT1 engine will be used in the 991 RSR..

For the moment the whole "engine picture is fuzzy" I would say..,even after Geneva I think this question will not be cleared..

@ Kreso: would be happy if you could give us an indication..which engine will be used in Porsche Motorsport - short term & mid term..

Here is my guess:

1. short term: current Mezger engine in 991 CUP and RSR..at least for another two years

2. mid term: either the new 991 GT3 engine (but if so - it would be really strange to let road customers test it first - unseen in the automotive industry)..or new 8 Cylinder - that will be used in racing and in the 960..kills two flies at the same timeSmiley

It is important to remember that the 991RSR will NOT be available to customers until next year (2014). This year is a testing and preparation year. I don’t know for sure that the 991 RSR will have the new engine, but to me it seems highly likely that it will.

It doesn't matter if it's accesable to privatters or not, if they homologate it this year(which they have to, to race)  it's bloked for the next 2...
Although like I said, chancess are FIA/ACO will alow the new engine in a year most likely.. If they run the old engine under waiver, then they can get arount the homologation rule, as they just remove the waiver :)

either way, we'll 100% see the new engine racing in 2 years tops...Which is awsome..