RC:

Speaking of Turbo and GTS (may not be directly related but I wanted to warn you guys): As you know, I've chosen the Cayenne GTS over a Cayenne Turbo. Dealer offer was almost the same since the Cayenne Turbo was a showroom car for a couple of months and the options were pretty basic (no PDCC, no PTV, almost nothing special). I chose the GTS over the Turbo because of the looks, the handling/steering and the sound of course. For me, this has been a very good choice so far because I also own a Panamera Turbo S and when I need something fast for the Autobahn, well...

Yesterday however, my Cayenne GTS choice sucked: I was on my way to our annual ski vacation on the Autobahn and I really had a hard time to overtake those powerful Turbo Diesel family cars over here and had at one point problems keeping up with the crowd. This was no fun. Of course my Cayenne GTS was fully loaded (family, lots of luggage) but still...it sucked. It was the first time I did a longer Autobahn trip with the fully loaded car and this is the point I started to wish I would have gone for the Turbo. Of course I barely use my GTS on the Autobahn (this is what the Panamera is for) and as soon as I drive the car again through the city and on country roads, everything will be forgotten but if you are really into powerful cars and you can afford it, always go for the most powerful version you can buy. Otherwise you will regret it sooner or later.

So if the Panamera is going to be your daily driver for everything, including longer trips, please choose the Turbo. The GTS provides a sportier feel and sound but at some point, when you get "humiliated"  by another family car or even SUV, you wish you had chosen the more powerful car. 

Example: A Panamera GTS owner told me once how weird he felt when his buddy passed him in his Cayenne Turbo S (957) on the Autobahn. The difference was minimal but c'mon...his friend was driving that fat SUV and he was driving the sportiest Panamera version. You get the point...

old guys knows best Smiley