Leawood911:

RC - you are a Porsche purist to the max ( dont get me started on N-rated Michelins for the 991 ) - You must be able to self justify your purchases.  We understand and take your comments with a grain of salt since we understand your perspective and need to re-assure yourself.  Rather than review as much information as possible you 'trust' the small subset of information which reinforces your beliefs and ignore, ridicule and label as incorrect any information which does not.  Very human and in some ways fun to watch!  Some feel the same way about politics and in specific our president.  The bigger the investment the more likely you are to turn a blind eye to the truth.  As long as you see it... we certainly do, and are amused.

Keep in mind - you started this column which exposes exactly what you claim 'tuners' can't do as what Porsche is doing.  Makes it hard to have your cake and eat it too.Smiley

cheers

You seem to ignore the complexity of the engine/gearbox/traction system mapping software and the connectivity to the PDK/PTM system but how can I take someone serious who drives all-season tires on a sports car like the 911?!  Smiley

What do I know about tuning, I just had two tuned Porsche (996 Turbo RS Tuning and 997 Turbo RUF 550) and was fully involved in the development and tuning process. Well... Smiley How about your "tuning experience"? (no, all-season tires are not considered tuning, boob jobs don't qualify either).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2012), Mini Cooper S Countryman All4