Futch:
MKSGR:
Futch:
If I fall for the car yes definitely, of the two it is the most expensive but also imho the safest in terms of investment. I could be wrong of course, but my prediction is that the 918 will drop to 500 to 700k euros within one or two years whereas the Ferrari shouldn't go below the 1m eur mark and who knows, might even be stable or increase! But that's pure speculation.  I will be in Maranello in a few days to see the car in person and if I like it, yes I will sign and cancel the 918 immediately as owning two brand new supercars is silly. Considering the way Porsche has treated me lately with the Cayenne, this shouldn't really be a surprise to them.

PS: Funnily enough you know, when Ferrari invited me to preview the car, they knew of my collection especially the 288 GTO and the F40 but it's actually the GTR they were in awe about! Which one? did it do Le Mans? Is it road legal? pictures please! It is refleshingly pleasing to see that, at the end of the day, some petrolheads are still pulling some strings in those big firms.Smiley

The F70 would be the first top-notch Ferrari to lose value... If you ask me - take one if you can Smiley

I see what you mean. But if you take into account inflation, cars like the F50 and even the F40 have not necessarily been good investment. Enzo is and the 288 GTO is going up quick, but only recently.

I think you're right Markus eventually, 499 cars is still small for a Ferrari addressing world market, but the rumour is that the price is 1.2m eur. Now I presume that's without tax so in Europe at least, with 20% VAT we're talking 1.44m eur. For a brand new car, this is very very serious money. That's almost 50% more than the 918 Spyder. Mind you it's also almost 50% less cars, that's if Porsche sells 918 cars (which I doubt).

I value your advice (you told me to buy an F40 after all and so far you've made me moneySmiley) and agree with you, even at this stratospheric price, I reckon that once the 499 cars will be gone, they will always be some successful Chinese or Singaporian or even indian businessman fo whom no other car will do, not that I'll be a seller, but it will drives prices up surely.

After all, Aston sold 77 supercars with old school technology for 1.2m eur. and they don't have a history of doing supercars.

AFAiK 1.2 Mil euro incl. tax

F.e. in Russia 918 price with tax will be 40 mil roubles (1 mil euro) for basic car. 

--

sportcars-history.com