RC:

A bit too "nervous" my taste...the design of course.

In my opinion, Porsche made a mistake by adapting the hybrid technology for the 918. Yes, it may give them some leverage in "green" sports car technology, at least from a marketing point of view but on the other hand, without the hybrid technology, the weight of the 918 would be closer to 1500 kg and not 1700 kg. I also think that the power could have been achieved in a more conventional way too.

Judging by the new F12 and it's amazing power/performance/price ratio, I'm afraid Porsche could kind of loose the power/performance battle here vs. the new 150/70...I just hope I am wrong.

Two different cars but I agree with you RC, in terms of power/performance/price, the Ferrari will have more appeal. The true competitor would be the P1 I guess. The 918 really is Porsche's own interpretation of the 21st century supercar, they lead the way and give a glimpse of what future sports car will be like, not necessarily what today's buyers of supercars expect for their money, yes it's amazing to do 3 L/100km, 25km in full electric and lap the nurburgring in 7min but for a similar price, I suppose potential costumers want more power and less weight.

You nailed it, the 918 is amazing but without those 300 kg of battery and electric tech, what would it have been like?

A faster Carrera GT? I don't know.

Mclaren and Ferrari took a different approach on hybrid technology, a much more sporty one. I am very curious to find out how the electric power is delivered in the Ferrari, since it looks like it is not carrying so much battery weight.