W8MM:
Grant:

As a counterpoint, I have never changed my shifting strategy based on worry of upsetting the balance of the car - always pursued a strategy based on fastest laptime.  If that requires perfecting my shifting and rev-matching to avoid shunting the car, I relish the opportunity to improve my driving.  I find this one of the most rewarding aspects of track driving (note: no ABS, TC, or PSM while using the most tricky Porsche 915 gearbox that frequently requires double-clutch heel-toe techniques).  Different strokes for different folks.

Grant,

I'll bet you're not 6'4" with 36" inseams.  Smiley

In my old '74 IROC 911RS, I had plenty of foot-box room to rotate my lower legs and feet into any contortive position I needed.  I was fast and confident with my foot work.  In the Carrera GT, there is almost enough room to be dexterous during heel-and-toe maneuvers.  In the RS 4.0, there is not enough foot/leg flexibility room for me to be very confident during combinations of high-g conditions that press on ones body parts while trying overlapping control inputs.  It's too damned cramped for it.

I'm still the same size I always was, but Porsches seem to get ever tighter where my shins bang into center consoles, etc..

I am 6' with very long torso and tiny legs (30" or less inseam).  I have plenty of room for the pedals, but often run out of headroom in most carsSmiley

I can understand where having no center console would be helpful for my long-legged brothers Smiley

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs).  Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550 Maranello