RC:
MKSGR:
Lars997:

I had the new E63 AMG next to me at the petrol station. Have to say the new front looks really good on the car. Also the rear lights are a huge improvements. The lady driving the car was a test driver, apprx. 50 years old and everything else you would think a MB Test driver should look like. She was nice, I had a chat with her. She said the performance is stronger but it is so strong that you hardly can feel the difference.  The suspension and driving behavior didnt change much either, its more some more gizmos.

When she started the engine it was very clear what the E63 AMG is all about..... this is not noise this is music at its finest! Great sound!!! 

The biggest improvement is the new AWD - no doubt. With RWD, a powerful sedan is really useless Smiley

It is fun to drive...for a while but then it gets tiresome, especially when you use it as a daily driver. Not recommended.

I gave away my C63 Coupe with a big tear, it was an amazing car, very stealth and with an amazing exhaust/engine sound but it started to annoy me so much that I decided to get rid of it until it really starts loosing value. With AWD, I would have kept it for sure.

People who defend powerful RWD cars may enjoy driving them on the track but whoever claims that it is fun driving such a car all the time on a public road, should get a reality check. It isn't. Unless you are 20 something and want to attract a lot of attention. Smiley

My wife's M3 was a useless car in snowy conditions... Zero traction, too much weight on the front axle. Why would one need a sedan if it cannot be used in all weather conditions? A sedan is always a compromise - and if one goes with a compromise it should at least be useful Smiley