Futch:

Thank you guys.

Carlito, I have asked myself that question too. It is possible as 956-009 existed and won some races in 83 but I just can't find the relevant history for that Bellof lap. If that were the case, this would be the cherry on the cake!Smiley To not only own a Rothmans 956 but THE one that has the all time record on the Nordschleife! But I doubt it. In 83 Bell and Mass won the race and next year, it was Bell and Bellof but not on 009.

Bellof was an all time hero and very tragically died at Eau rouge on board a 956 actually. I think Ickx never recovered from that one even though it wasn't his fault. Hard to believe there was no run off in those days. 

The cockpit is tiny for such a huge car, a bit scary frankly, your feet are very very forward in the chassis.

In all fairness, this is museum piece and I am totally not worthy, I will do a few laps, just for the sake of it, I think I will wet my pants before I even feel an ounce of ground effect and then thank the lord I made it without getting hurt and tuck away 009 in my garage. I predict the F1 to be much much easier to drive, which it should be of course.

No this is not my garage but Joe Macari in London. He handles most of my  road cars and is one of the nicest human beings alive.

Mike (W8MM) owned a 962 that he took to the track and I remember him mentioning that the aerodinamics work in such a way in those cars that you can drive it either slow or really fast, but not in between because the aerodinamics only start to work at speed and thats when it really sticks and bellow that you had very little and did not handle like it was supposed or designed to.

Must be quite an experience even if for a few laps just to see how it is, but that is indeed a museum piece to keep like a jewel. This is by far IMO the jewel of your awesome collection, its unbelivebale owning such a piece of history, I'm still in awe, I'm so happy for you! Smiley

--