Oh, I would also like to add some more criticism regarding the Cayenne GTS and how Porsche is marketing this car:

I get it, cost is always important but in the case of the GTS, I think Porsche could have done a little bit better here, the Panamera GTS is actually a good example on how to do everything right.

Brake system: While the Panamera GTS has the Panamera Turbo brake system, the GTS has "just" the ordinary Cayenne S/S Diesel brake. Only difference seems to be the red painted brake calipers. Would it really have killed them, cost-wise, to install the Turbo brake?!

Speedo cluster: Top speed is 250 kph, if you look closely, is it is 270 kph. Seriously? For a car which runs 261 kph? Why not give the GTS the Turbo speedo cluster or at least put 280 kph on the speedo?! Possible cost difference: Zero. It just looks crappy to have the same top speed on the speedo as the Cayenne Diesel. 

Engine hood: Would it have killed Porsche to use the Turbo engine hood?!

Power output: Why does the Cayenne GTS have 10 horses less than the Panamera GTS? It actually doesn't make sense, especially since the Cayenne is the heavier car. Well, it seems that Porsche didn't adapt the new intake design they used on the Panamera GTS (vs. the Panamera S). I get it, maybe they didn't have enough room or whatever but I think that the Cayenne GTS should actually have 40 hp more than the Cayenne S to cope with the additional weight. The 20 hp more look nice on paper but in reality, I doubt they make much of a performance impact. Without the adaptation of the final gear ratio, I guess the GTS wouldn't be really faster than the Cayenne S at all.

Sport Exhaust: The exhaust sound should be changed by a seperate button, not the "Sport" button, since the "Sport" button also controls throttle and PSM/PTM behavior. 

All the above measures would have probably increased production cost by a couple of hundreds of EUR, at max.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2012), Mini Cooper S Countryman All4