A couple of points regarding my choice of winter wheels: This was the smallest size "acceptable" (visually) for the GTS and I went for it because it has advantages on wet and snowy/muddy roads. The larger rims look better but the tires which come with them are usually more Autobahn driving oriented (less good on snow/mud and wet pavement).

I chose the black matte paint because I hate silver rims (haven't you noticed yet? indecision). I know that lately, many owners have black painted summer and winter wheels on all kind of cars but my first 996 Turbo had black rims (exterior color was guards red) too, so this is nothing trendy for me but a choice of personal taste and preference. 

@Dario: With wheels spacers, I wouldn't be able to use snow chains. So no wheel spacers. 

Caution: If you are using snow chains with wheel spacers on your OEM rims, you can cause a lot of damage.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2012), Mini Cooper S Countryman All4