Quote:
mumbasic said:
Quote:
Ronnie said:
Quote:
mumbasic said:
Ronnie, did you ever drive a 997 4S?
AM

Yeah... I decided on C2S as my preferred choice so far.

How long did you test the cars? Which tyres? PASM or sports suspension? How can Walter Röhrl be faster with C4S on the Nordschleife then with a C2S if the car is less sportier?

Some guys define sporty by oversteering. If that is what you like, then there are so many other cars which can do this better.

AM

mumbasic, I don't know what your problem is. I stand by my earlier comments... I prefer the C2S over the C4S. As I said, the C2S has more precise steering control and feel.

I also think this should be more important than the 44mm of extra width a wide body 997 gives you at the rear.

This "wide body" business is not such an issue or as noticeable with the 997 as it was with the 996. Either way... ENJOY.

My decision to purchase a 911 was very much an emotional one, so I wasn't that interested in the "many other cars which can do this better". This may not matter to you.

Also, I did not take a note book with me to record what tyres were on the cars I test drove, nor did I stop watch the time periods I spent in each. All I know is what I prefer and I would still recommend any one serious about buying one, but unsure on which version to test drive for themselves.

As for the Walter Röhrl comments... I can't see where I posted anything regarding one being sportier than the other so I can't see the relevance here.

It would be just as irrelevant for me to post that the reardriven CGT is faster round the ring than the C4S so what??