Ferdie:

Sorry,

some clarification on my above comment. I intended to ask whether your dealer could source cars from other dealers´ inventories that include the desired options. Hence my question whether it was a dealer- or Porsche-specific offer. Did not want to sound too inquisitive.

Regarding the thread being hilarious, I was referring to the above comments whether you will change your mind once something faster, better sounding or better handling comes across... soon.

Anyway, looking forward to the result! Smiley

OK, now I understand. Smiley

No, the offer from my dealer is only valid for cars he has in stock. He has three GTS in stock, one Turbo. Of course he has also various 991 but after talking to my wife and some friends, the 991 C4S is (sadly) out of the question. It would give a false impression to my customers. Smiley Maybe dealers need to meet a certain sales figure for the year or he just wants another sale in his record, I don't have a clue.

Well: Regarding something faster, etc. showing up sometimes in the future, I am pretty sure about it. Not so sure about better sounding though. According to rumors, the GTS sound has already created some stir about how loud a Porsche should be. I love it but I guess our society wants quieter cars, I think you remember the discussions in the press. Greenpeace for example considers noise to be an environmental issue. Nothing more to say.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X3 35d, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4