Dear All,

PAG considers India to be an important upcoming market (BRIC nation, emerging economy, growing upper middle class with increasing dispensable income etc etc). India attracts a import duty of 108%, which is the norm in this part of the world, I think Singapore & Thailand have up to 200% if i'm not mistaken.

I have always wanted to own a P car (since I was a kid) but there was no dealership so I stuck to the next best thing, BMW (to me anyway) and have a 2001 X5 (workhorse) & a 2004 545i w SMG (evening & weekend, its only got 18,000 km on it).

So here's the thing: PAG opened a showroom in Delhi a few years ago in collaboration with a local distributor, Precision Motors. They were selling the Cayennes (which I never liked) and a few 997s which frankly didnt do it for me either. Then came the Panamera (which I hated to begin with, but love now...it really grows on you) and the 991 which I have not seen in person but it ticks all my boxes. I have 2 small kids so Pana is obviously the way to go from a practical perspective. The new Cayenne is nice, but not special enough.

Just when I thought I had saved up enough to push the button, I hear about the facelift. To top it off, I heard that Precision has taken PAG to court  http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2012-07-06/news/32566245_1_porsche-cars-vw-porsche-dealerships

So I think until this plays out (which takes its own sweet time in our country) I have to postpone my P dreams for the time being. The upside is that whenever I do get my car, it will be the sweetest feeling. Just thought I'd share this, thanks for listening.....in the meantime, I'll continue to lurk & feed my passion through my daily visit to Rennteam