REALZEUS:

If I am not mistaken they said it would be great on a track, not specifically on the Ring. Unless I have missed that claim of theirs. 

Any manufacturer is free to choose the kind of roads/tracks its cars are optimised for. I find nothing wrong if McLaren or Ferrari or whomever said that their cars are optimise for Silverstone or Monza rather than the Ring. A (smooth) track biased hypercar then? Why not?

My worry is that if a car is setup for super fast laptimes on a very smooth track, it may then be too stiff for the road or an older track like the north loop.

But McLaren claims, not only to be quickest on a track, may that be Silverstone then, but also to be as useable as a 12C. 

If that's the case, I pull my hat off, quite an achievement. Let's wait and see. Just a very bold statement from our English  friends, especially with the Ferrari coming out this month. 

You would think they learnt their lesson after failing to deliver a car superior to the 458 with the 12C. Good car the 12C, very good car, but by no means better than the 458.