Futch:
A few days ago, I did Paris Nice in a Ferrari FF and it took me three fuel stops, not two, three! This is frankly ridiculous. a BMW 535d would have arrived well before me. Very nice GT by the way, but its fuel consumption is no way near what Ferrari claims. 

Back in the days when I had my 599, my lowest fuel consumtion when I was cruising at 130 kmh was 20 L/100km!!!Smiley

To some people it just doesn't matter. For me, I drive in total about 100000km per year. 

If the 918 can take me to Nice on one fuel tank and then lap the Castellet faster than my Carrera GT, I'll put my hat off.

Yes, the 535d may have arrived earlier but not with the same driving fun. Smiley

C'mon, are you really thinking about fuel consumption? When it comes to cars of this caliber, I rather think about performance.

I really like the new F12, I can't help it. Actually I think I would rather go for this one instead of the Aventador. Of course I cannot afford either of them but if I had to make a choice, it would be the F12 right now. Looking at how much the F12 costs and that I could probably get another two F12 for the money of a 918, I don't know...just saying... Smiley

In my opinion, the new F12 is the best offer right now in the sports car world, performance and cost wise. I may be mistaken but I think that the maintenance is also included in the price tag...for the next 7 years or so. Amazing.

I also have another "worry" with the 918: Right now, this is a unique car and I really like it. What happens, if Porsche puts the long awaited mid engined model slightly above the 911 Turbo on the market...and it looks almost like the 918? Porsche doesn't have much alternatives here, I think they will look similar and performance won't be much different too...for a much lower price. 

Look at the Carrera GT right now: Yes, still a wonderful car but a 997 Turbo S is already a challenge, especially for acceleration runs from 0-100 and 0-200 kph. I smoked a friend's Carrera GT from 0-100 kph. OK, it was only by a quarter of a car length but I was in a Panamera Turbo S...a sedan. You get my point.

No doubt, the 918 is a wonderful Porsche and it will be the hell of a car but I'm not so sure it will be the best "deal" out there. Not that true car enthusiasts would really care about that. Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4