RC:

I really like how the 918 looks but considering the performance of the new Ferrari F12 at a much lower price tag, I wonder how good the 918 performance will be compared to the competition. I know, I know, the F12 isn't necessarily a direct 918 competitor but judging by the 8.5 seconds acceleration time from 0-200 kph, I still wonder... 

I think performances will be similar, if only marginally better for the 918. It is a new breed of supercars, which will hopefully spawn a new breed of sports cars. It definitely is a leap of faith and I can hope they really manage to bring down the fuel consumption, because, added hybrid performance is one thing but they have to achieve the target of better consumption. 3 L/100km is a dream but anything under 10 will be an amazing achievement.

A few days ago, I did Paris Nice in a Ferrari FF and it took me three fuel stops, not two, three! This is frankly ridiculous. a BMW 535d would have arrived well before me. Very nice GT by the way, but its fuel consumption is no way near what Ferrari claims. 

Back in the days when I had my 599, my lowest fuel consumtion when I was cruising at 130 kmh was 20 L/100km!!!Smiley

To some people it just doesn't matter. For me, I drive in total about 100000km per year. 

If the 918 can take me to Nice on one fuel tank and then lap the Castellet faster than my Carrera GT, I'll put my hat off.