Gladstone:

In the last four years I have been stopped by the police three times (always at night ?)

I turn on all of the vehicles interior lights, roll down the drivers window and get out the license and proof of insurance card. I might recommend also rolling down the passenger side window since sometimes they approach the vehicle from that side. I have only gotten verbal warnings never a written warning or actual ticket.

The last time I got an actual written warning was back in '07, but I was driving 69mph in a 65 zone in a 997. It just goes with the image if you know what I mean.

That's exactly what I do except for 2 steps. After stopping, I do not remove my hands from the steering wheel until the officer has approached the car - then I roll the window down about 1/3 down and get my license and registration after he has commanded to do so. 

Cops get way too figidety around here if they see you moving around and reaching for things before they have clear sight of you and your hands.

BTW - the cop who wrote you up for 69 in a 65, that was a pure d*ckhead move. <5 over? Maybe enforced in a school zone or restricted area, but never on a highway.