REALZEUS:
fritz:
REALZEUS:
fritz:
Atzporsche:

I have a more serious question. How can Ferrari properly test the aero on the car with so much camo? I've always wondered this actually. For comparison purposes, see the 918 prototype, it's done over a million miles in actual body already in real life and all environments... Surely the computer calculations and wind tunnel cannot be enough these days.

Computer modelling and wind tunnel results are good for development, but need to be confirmed on the road/track.
The aerodynamics can be confirmed at better-protected locations in short tests well away from photographers' lenses, but the extended durability testing and performance tests at circuits like the Nuerburgring are almost impossible to completely hide from public view. 

Well, if you happen to own you own race tracks it is not that hard. Smiley

If you are referring to my sentence "extended durability testing and performance tests at circuits like the Nuerburgring are almost impossible to completely hide from public view", many of the test and race circuits available for such purposes in Europe do allow people outside the perimeter fences to see parts of the circuit as the circuit operators do not own all the surrounding land.
Where the Nuerburgring is concerned, test vehicles even have to travel on public roads from the circuit entrance to the manufacturers' own workshops, as can be seen on so many of the spy shots of camouflaged cars shown here. 

A) Ferrari does not test on the Ring. Why would they?

Of course they do. They have their own workshop (for all Fiat group companies, IIRC) near the circuit, just like other manufacturers do. They know exactly why they do it. There have been mentions here in the past of M. Schumacher having done some of the chassis development testing for the 599 GTO at the Ring.  

--

fritz