bridggar:

It's funny you comment on linkage - it failed on my car a couple of months ago (it was cold and one of the cables simply snapped at the point it connects to the gearbox) so I was stuck in 1st gear all the way home. With the help of a friend we managed to replace it.

It's the main reason why I'm wanting to trade - as I didn't renew the warranty (after they increased the price from £850 to £1,500 PA) I can't help thinking I'm running on borrowed time. (that said, the money saved on warranty will offset an engine rebuild now!)

We negotiated including 2 1/2 years Porsche warranty, 4 new tyres and new brake pads all round when we bought the car. We paid well under £50k for it so I don't think it was a bad deal. When the 2 1/2 years is up we will take a view on whether we continue with it or finally come down to a more affordable car and come to 2 cars. The new M135i would be on the short list at that time.

--

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

Porsche 997 Carrera S PDK Aqua Blue / Black - Toyota Yaris D4D  "Clockwork Rat"