Today, in parts of the UK, we had a month's rainfall in just 24 hours!

I was driving home in my GTS, on a very familiar route, when the incident occurred.  I approached an uphill section of straight dual carriageway and, as there were no other vehicles around, I dropped a few gears and gave it the gun - something I've done on numerous previous occasions.  Usually I just get a chance to hit the red-line a couple of times before reaching the top of the hill..Smiley   This time however... as soon as I accelerated the rear end broke away and continued to snake left and right whilst I instinctively sawed at the wheel to correct the sliding...Smiley 

I've never had this happen on a straight road before and it must have lasted at least 10 seconds which, at the speed I was doing, was unnerving to say the least..Smiley 

When the car finally stabilised, I became aware of a 'river' of water, from the rainfall, rushing down the hill I was driving up.  I guess this, together with my sudden acceleration, was the reason for the rear end breakaway... probably causing an aqua-planing situation.  I wasn't aware of any intervention from the PSM. 

Anyone else had a similar experience? Smiley

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."