RC:

Driving in France isn't really that much of an issue, french drivers actually don't block the left lane (like Germans do...or those from NL...we call them over here "Nur Links" indecision angry) but driving in Paris and around the Cote d'Azur can be challenging at times, I fully agree.

Haha, Nur Links! Just returned from my roadtrip and took the A7 from Fuessen through Stuttgart to Duesseldorf... so many NL drivers.. it wrecked my average. They were in the mountains too, blocking traffic with trailers towed my 1.6L Nissans.. If you ain't making it to 20km/h, you should probably pull over Smiley

I can now talk about driving in France and Italy due to my recent trip. Have to say driving in France was zero problems, very relaxed and decent driving. Mind you I only took the road from Saarbrucken to Strasbourg, which is probably very rural and empty.

Driving in Italy was funny. My friends warned me, but it was 100% true too. As soon as we were out of the tunnel heading south in CHFland the first Italian drivers were great.. middle of the lane driving, no turn signalling, random braking, crazy speeding. We were driving down in the Como area on sketchy mountain roads too narrow for two regular cars and people were doing 80km/h+ without giving a damn, and then there's the suicidal scooter guys going even faster and passing at insane spots. At some point I said "driving in Italy is like a video game" haha. But in all honesty, if you are careful and passive enough it's no problems, I had no close calls whatsoever. It's just a different mentality in Italy.. the turn signal issues continued all the way to Venice btw.