Grant:
BjoernB:

old issue that has been fixed long time ago - plus they increased torque to 600 NM = new centerlocks do not show 540 anymore.

I don't think that is the extent of the difficulties.  There is a group-buy from a US Porsche dealer that is supplying factory parts to relatively large numbers of center-lock owners to convert back to 5-lug wheels/hubs at considerable expense (new wheels required too).

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs).  Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550 Maranello

I had extensive talks with Porsche CH on this subject because friends who track their toys had similar stories of wheels comming off - back then when it was a hot topic - but Porsche have changed the "bolt" in the official recall that needs to pop out properly to secure the wheel and on top of it increased the torque figure. I am not saying that people can still do it wrongly (like you can do it with every basic screw-nuts too) hence you need to get it done by somebody with experience and not just yr local tiredealer who things he can do it easily. Maybe Centerlockwheels need more attention and "higher maintenance" and should only be done by PCenters - but they are not a higher risk when properly installed