Well, what an interesting race ... given that it was Valencia so we were expecting something dull ...

Superb drive from Alonso ... Ferrari's race pace was much better than qualification ... but it takes some real heroic driving to recover so many places.

Good to see Schumi on the podium again .... it's been a long time. Good drive from Rosberg too.

I agree with David Coulthard ... Raikkonen lacks a little aggression on overtaking ... but otherwise a good drive from him ... such a pity that Grosjean suffered mechanical problems ... he deserved a good result.

Vettel was unlucky ... without the mechanical problem, he would have won that race very comfortably indeed. He was untouchable.

A great recovery drive from Webber ... no DRS in qualification but good race pace ...

Another strong performance from Force India ... Hulkenberg was quick and Di Resta made his 1 stop strategy work.

Felt sad for Kovalainen getting hit by Vergne who lacked the decency to apologise for his carelessness. Vergne claimed it was a racing incident. No it wasn't. He turned into Kovalainen on a straight piece of road for no reason while trying to pass him.

As for Maldonado, yes, he was catching Hamilton but Hamilton doesn't have to just let him past. It is up to Maldonado to get past (hopefully) without taking them both off. Maldonado tried to pass and when he failed, he didn't back off, ran out of road, drove fully off the track, tried to rejoin the track when Hamilton's car was on the left edge of the track. Hamilton was on the racing line and turning left to enter the corner. Maldonado just drove into him while rejoining the track. IMO this was clear cut. Maldonado caused an avoidable collision.

These 2 guys have a history. I remember seeing Maldonado cut up Hamilton on the start-finish straight after a recent race had finished. I think Maldonado uses his car as a weapon to take out Hamilton.

Usually, I am very critical of Hamilton. I am not a fan of his. But this time, I think he really was the innocent party. I think Maldonado drives like a thug.

--

997.1 C2S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red