savvy:

"No wonder "only" 120k USD have been bid. 245k??? For a modded RS 4.0?  This guy is insane."

That was condescending. I thought I showed notable restraint in my responses given the sharpness of the stick to my eye.

The thing that has fired me up was the public judgement and assignment of value by posters who seemingly know/knew nothing of the details of the mods .... I will not accept a public berating from those who know not of which they speak ...

@savvy: it's clumsy to lump together all the views you don't agree with and then tar them all with the same brush.

I was focussing on the warranty aspects only. RC was focussing on aftermarket mods per se, the originality of the car and the consequent impact on resale values. I haven't participated on those aspects. If you felt RC was being condescending on one strand of the discussion, that doesn't excuse or justify you adopting a condescending tone on another strand of the discussion.

I am a lawyer with 2 decades experience of practising English law. It goes without saying that I have a thorough understanding of English contract law, in particular, warranties and how such contractual terms are interpreted.

If I interpret the enforceability of a warranty a certain way, it is not because of fear. It is because I know the position under English law and, from my years of experience, I know how companies seek to wriggle out of honouring their contractual obligations given half a chance.

Other people are not as fearful or foolish as you might think at first glance. People should be able to disagree with you without being labelled pejoratively.

--

997.1 C2S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red