JimFlat6:

But consider this about unarmed combat on the "streets."

To launch a physical attack over a insult is just plain stupid. Thats no justification in most courtrooms.  Defense against an actual assault is different obviously.

Not sure if you've read my previous posts regarding this: I would never get involved in a physical fight in public, I usually try to avoid them, even if it really isn't easy with so many idiots running around freely. Just yesterday, a couple of younger people almost hit me with their car from the front, I had to do an emergency full stop in the middle of a street, just to avoid them hitting me. I wanted to follow and to make a stand but I luckily didn't. I had my son with me and if I wouldn't have stopped, they would have hit us (their car lost control in a long curve and their car was driving on my side of the street and I couldn't go to the right because there were trees and a very high boardwalk. I wanted to call the police but then, I looked at my son, we were OK, so I continued driving home. Maybe they were drunk (I stopped in the street, they almost hit us and their brake lights didn't even go on after they passed by...a couple of centimeters).

I just can't, for legal reasons (if I hurt somebody, even in self defense, I could go to prison due to the professional fight training) but of course because, like you said it, it isn't worth it risking a life for some stupid quarrel. I would however not hesitate a second when it comes to my family.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S (at Porsche right now), BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4