Carlos from Spain:

One thing is for certain, they are betraying a lot of the previous GT3 clients, without whom the GT3 would never be were its at.

Once thing is to offer PDK on the GT3, the more options the merrier IMO (and its a good option to offer for such a car), but deciding that they won't be offering the posibility of the manual as well just like that (which they have said time and time again it what the GT3 is all about, its physoliphy, bla, bla, bla...) is a slap in the face to its GT3 customers, its unloyal and inconsiderate towards them, and arrogant from Porsche. Not a good sign enlightened

--

Well said. I hope Porsche appreciates the amount of backlash they will receive if they do not offer the manual option. One thing I learned in school that has always stuck with me is the need for differentiation in competitive markets like the auto industry, if everybody is moving to purely PDK style transmissions, some buyers will put a premium on the ability to choose a manual. Not only that, but Porsche can further distinguish itself as being both cutting edge with PDK, while building on its reputation of staying true to its roots and offering a car for the enthusiast. While they continue to expand their product offerings into less sporty segements, they should not forget what makes the Porsche name so valuable, I think continuing to offer manual in a sea of auto/pdk will help them do that.