Well, I don’t care about being fast, I am no race driver. Even when I occasionally visit the N’ring I don’t have a problem when other cars a faster. And it doesn’t matter if I reach my destination 5min later. And I don’t care about feeling fast, I care about enjoying my ride, there are more factors than speed.

Adapting your speed is what every intelligent driver should do. There are several opportunities when the maximum legal speed is much too fast and often you don’t risk anything if you drive faster then allowed. I think I follow the same strategy as you do, similar results (500.000miles with no accident or points). But your skills are probably much higher.

Fast long distance Autobahn driving isn’t a strength of the Boxster. That is one of the reasons why I think about replacing the Boxster with a Panamera 4S. I don’t want to afford both cars. But I am afraid that I will miss the feeling using the Boxster on a sunny warm day on b-roads. And until now my wife and I never had problems with the luggage. Yes, you can’t use Samsonite luggage, but we like sailing and are used to transport our luggage in more flexible bags.

And talking about a more powerful Boxster. Yes, I would probably buy this model. But Porsche doesn’t offer this option. So there is no need to discuss if the Boxster could handle more power.

Professional Boxster racing series: From a technical point of view it shouldn’t be a problem (think about the different series with small hatchbacks). But from the marketing point of view it is plain stupid because you would cannibalize the icon 911.

Short: yes I believe that the 911 is the better car. But I can’t use this advantage. The way I use my car the Boxster makes more fun for me (and I never liked roof/back design of the old 911 cabs (964-997), the 991cab is much more beautiful – personal taste).