reginos:
RC:

Nick, forgive me if I do not agree with you. If you claim that the Boxster S is more fun to drive than the TT Cab, then you surely didn't know how to drive the TT Cab. Smiley

The Boxster S is more fun than the 911 TT at low(er) speeds when the 911 is painfully underutilized and feels empty. Thus the Boxster is the better drive for someone who is not confident to drive very fast or is very conscious of speed limits and other hazards, which is an attitude we should not dismiss.

Perhaps, with respect, RC overlooks that he lives in the only country in the world with derestricted Autobahns. Smiley

--

"Form follows function"

Reginos, I totally agree. Smiley Having had three 987's and now owning a 997, here in speed limited and heavily trafficked Blighty I have to say the 987 is a lot more entertaining. Don't get me wrong, the 997 is a magnificent car but it doesn't even wake up at our 70 mph limit or much below 100mph where here if caught you are facing a 3 month ban. It doesn't have the kart like precision on the twisties that the mid engined Porsches have either. The 981 would be a step change improvement again, I'm sure. We'll find out on 30th July when we've been invited to an all day drive the full Porsche range event at the Silverstone driver experience centre. I suspect we will come away yearning for a 981S. Only the cost to change would stand in our way.

--

Porsche 997 Carrera S PDK Aqua Blue / Black - Toyota Yaris D4D  "Clockwork Rat"