bluelines:
Gnil:
Gladstone:

Yes, the upside down thing makes me want to chuck: but the PDK (this is version 2) I hadn't really listened to careflully before.  It convinces me that a qualified manual tranaxle driver will outperform PDK.

Let's wait until we can get the same number of gear ratios in the same car with the same setup on the same track on the same day: and then we can all see.

No professional driver has been faster with the manual then with PDK. It is impossible to shift as fast as the computer does .

It is even mechanically "impossible" due to the PDK design with dual clutches and alternating gears. A traditional manual gearbox and clutch need to perform more steps to change gear (even if it was controlled by a computer). The PDK only needs to move the clutch plates (disengage/engage) which it can do in parallel and hence shifting is instantaneous. Only Superman could be that quick with a manual Smiley

Yes, that was pretty dumb on my part.  Smiley   What I should simply say is that I really don't care for the sound of PDK when launch control is used and even in normal operation; I prefer the sound of a manual transmission.

I understand that it is all about efficiency and speed, but there are still car sounds that I prefer.

Mechanical lifters over hydraulic lifters --  carbuerators over fuel injection -- air cooled over water cooled engines -- glass pack mufflers over far better exhaust systems.

After a few more viewings of the video, I will admit that the upside down camera angle is growing more favorable than when first viewed.