Porsche-Jeck:

German carmag Autobild Sportscars claims in the Editorial of their latest issue that Porsche has cancelled already scheduled test drives meaning they would not provide press cars for comparison car tests anymore. "Inofficial" reason: Porsche is not happy with some of the recent test reports in german carmagsSmiley  Very poor  reaction from Porsche, suggested it is true what AB Sportscars claims in the Editorial. I am sure there will be some kind of reply from Porsche anytime soon.

Maybe they were unhappy with a comparo in AMS mag - 991S put on third place behind MB SL and 6series BMW or even more with the comparo in the recent Autobild issue concluding that the 981S provides more "Porscheness" than the 991cab Smiley

I like AutoBILD Sports Cars but it is still a...BILD (Germany's most infamous "boulevard" publication).

Why would a Sports Car magazine put the testing emphasis on comfort and fuel consumption? Just asking?

Also comparing a Boxster with a 911 is just plain stupid. Simple reason: The 911 has two seats in the rear and not without a reason. Straight line performance is also much better, so what's the point to compare both? Look here, the cheaper Porsche is the better one? For who? For the reviewer who drives home in a VW Golf? Smiley

AutoBILD Sports Cars also fails to mention what press cars (models?) haven't been delivered. If we are talking about the Panamera Turbo Powerkit, the Panamera Turbo S or the Cayenne Turbo Powerkit, I have a pretty good guess why. It has nothing to do with Porsche being unhappy with test results. Smiley

AutoBILD Sports Cars, like Sport Auto, have always been attacked by readers that they are too Porsche biased. Maybe this is one of those typical BILD-like approaches to prove to readers that AutoBILD Sports Cars is not Porsche biased. Smiley I'm sorry but I don't trust these guys, these are the kind of journalists who would do everything for a good story. Do you remember how BILD kind of "destroyed" former german president Wulff? Nothing more to add.

Also: Have you read the Panamera Turbo vs. Turbo S comparison in AutoBILD sports cars? Absolutely ridiculous conclusion of the reviewer (apparently he wanted to make a point and he did).

So relax...there may be something else behind this, something AutoBILD Sports Cars "forgot" to mention or they simply just don't know.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S (at Porsche right now), BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4