Enmanuel:

Sure, give the bimbo the CGT so she can ruin the clutch, but does anyone give Enmanuel the keys to a 911?

Needless to say I'm a bit jealous mail

Enmanuel, I was trying to just refrain from mentioning it; but it does kind of remind me of taking a road trip with Leawood911. He could probably have driven all 20 hours each way, but was very generous in sharing the driving duties.

At the top of a freeway ramp, I accidently put the 996 into third gear instead of first! I didn't just abuse the car by starting off in third gear; I killed it, I stalled the engine!!(a far greater sin!)Smiley I was so panicked by the embarrassment and the sense of Leawood's blood pressure rising that I quickly depressed the clutch and re-started the engine and then Killed it again!!!!SmileySmiley    Leawood911 then said quite calmly "you do know that you have got it in third, don't you?"

While pressing down the clutch and re-starting the engine, I moved the gear selector from 3 to 1 and successfully got back under way. It is a definite item of my top ten most emberrassing moments in life, but I won't bore you with the rest. Smiley      However, I will say that my first car had a 5-speed with reverse under 5th gear and an extra push down. These six gear transaxles with reverse off the pattern and next to first, are still really not to my liking. I'm really looking forward to seeing the shift pattern on the new 7 speed manuals. Smiley

I will admit that I have put in more miles behind the 3 speed and 5 speed manual tranmissions, than behind 4 speed and 6 speed combined: perhaps why I look forward to the 7?   Smiley