Ferdie:
kudryavchik:

Unfortunately I have no info about gt3rs 4.0 but from Porsche engineers and rus magazine Autoreview - GT3RS 3.8 has max 170 kgs at 300kph(not fixed wing) and GT2RS has 150 kgs at 300 kph (fixed wing).

P.S. if anybody is interested I can create a topic and put info about DF rations of F1 turbo era, 917/30 and other racers... Toyota Eagle had more than 4 tons of DF! Amazing!

trip:

I think it was SportAuto that tested these claims regarding the 458 and found them greatly exaggerated, I believe the GT3RS did achieve advertised downforce figures. It's not really surprising when you think about it, a car with the streamlined shape of the 458 (yes it has a big diffuser but not much else) can have more downforce than a car with a huge wing and front splitter combination.

Interesting subject. Sport Auto uses the Daimler wind tunnel with a static floor in comparison to e.g. Ferrari´s with a rolling floor. This certainly influences the results of a diffusor. One can compare both results from the 458 and RS 4.0 on Sport Auto´s website. Of course, due to the dimension of its aerodynamic aids, the GT3 has a significantly higher amount of downforce. Considering the sleek silhouette of the 458 and the above mentioned static test, the numbers are certainly impressive.

By the way, don´t hesitate to post these aerodynamic numbers. Smiley

I have created the aero topic Smiley

http://www.rennteam.com/forum/page1.html?vs=28#PostDetailsTitlePortlet

--

sportcars-history.com